Skip to main content

Re: Self advocacy.

I just arrived one the ward. What

A gruelling weekend. I'm exhausted. 

I hope I can finally sleep 

17233848349942170339353739511642.jpg

 also pigicorn is happy to be here too

Hello @The-red-centaur just following up to see if you are ok ❤️ Youre in the respiratory ward now.  Something I do know is the younger generation isn't as healthy as previous generations. They seem to be sicker than others. But it does not necessarily explain why you got pneumonia at such a young age. Hopefully doctors can sort that out for you. Its good youre getting the right medical attention now. I do like your fluffy toy to keep you company on the ward. When I was in my 30's seemed like yesterday Anyway you stay put and just allow docs and nurses to fuss over you. I imagine it would be nice having a young person on the ward for a change compared to older folks! 

@SmilingGecko I'm on a general medical ward. I'm not sure my local hospital has an actual respiratory ward, it's one of the smaller hospitals in Perth. 

But the medical team are good and thorough. They said they will do lots of investigations and see if they can get to the bottom of my poor immune system. 

It used to be strong years ago. But I've just become more tired and more easily sick over the last few years. So maybe there is reason to it all. 

OK well hang in there @The-red-centaur I think this pandemic era has been a huge assault on people generally in terms of both wellbeing and health - its understandable. Are you getting any visitors today do you know? You seem to be more settled, possibly relieved after the negligence on in the psych ward. I have avoided psychiatric wards for years now touchwood. Am glad to see the back of them tbh. Sounds like respiratory may be packed if they stuck you in general. They are trying to build more 24 hour medical to take the pressure off hospitals out this way. You can get all kinds of treatment that a hospital does but they skim off people that would normally go to ED. We have a big place being built not far from me. Its welcome as I found it hard getting to ED in the past without a car. The taxi fare was through the roof so a local medical center that does most things a hospital does is really welcome. Dont know how long its going to take to get built but theres lots of building development going on every time I've passed by.

That's cool. @SmilingGecko 

We have things called urgent care clinics. Bulkbilling  medical centres that deal with emergencies that aren't serious that most people normally would go to EDs for to take pressure of emergency departments as sometime the waits are like 10+hours for non-urgent cases. 

I've used them a few times. It's good. 

And they are trying to build a new private hospital in my area and the public to buy the private half of this hospital to get more beds. It's much needed here. 

@The-red-centaur Yes I have an online friend who is a nurse on a facebook group and she did a post on this so people could get access to after hours care. The clinics are open until 11pm not around the clock. I wrote down all the urgent care clinics in my area for future reference. Last year I sliced my finger open thought I may of needed stitches so went to one of those clinics and was seen really quickly. I've had stitches before after an accident 10 years ago so went there to get the wound assessed. They actually do stitches at those clinics!  Anyway got to get the day going. I hope today is better for you and you start seeing some overrall improvements soon. Take care, lovely!

Few drs bulk bill here @SmilingGecko so it helps those who can't get into a gp for urgent things because they can't afford one. 

I'm feeling a tad better today. Just really tired. 

20240812_153025.jpg

 did this today instead of sleeping. 

Thats amazing @The-red-centaur you have an obvious talent with drawing! I used to draw and work with clay years ago. I don't do it anymore. I didn't do it for the sake of art, just for a hobby as well as therapeutic reasons. You should be really happy with that creation. I think art gives people a safe outlet and its a more amenable way of expressing emotions via a medium that can reach others very deeply. I hope you are keeping well tonight. Have a good evening and take care of yourself 

@SmilingGecko I wish I could say I drew it. I just coloured it. 

I'm doing as best as I can. I have had a better day today. 

Hey @The-red-centaur just stopping by, wanted to see how you're travelling! You and pigicorn feeling better this evening? 

Love the colour!! You may not have done the line work, but you still need a creative eye to be able to pick the colours that ~fit~ ya know? And that is something you definitely have!! 

Sending some hugs your way lovely 🫂😊

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au