Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Merl
Contributor

RE: Losing my faith

@Sweet_cheeks   I so appreciate your encouragement, and I will definitely be praying for you, as you navigate through doubts and uncertainty.  Something is changing in me, over the last few days, and I have started praying again.  I'm also meeting with a Christian mentor, who is holding me accountable each day, but also just loving me and supporting me.  And I feel incredibly blessed by it.  

I found out today that I'm going to be having a full knee replacement on the 25th, and that also gives me hope towards getting my quality of life back, and being able to work again and "just live".  May God give you a peace that surpasses all understanding.  It doesn't have to always make sense.  That's why it is called FAITH.  I will definitely be praying for you @sweet_cheeks.  Thank you!  You have such a kind and loving heart.

@Merl x

5 REPLIES 5

Re: RE: Losing my faith

hello @Merl 

how are you going today my friend 

will be thinking of you on the 25th and hope eveything goes well 

@Shaz51 

Hello Shaz51, thank you so much for your lovely message.

I'm doing well today, thank you for asking.

I'm excited for my knee operation, in the hope that I can be more mobile again.  My mental health doesn't do very well when I'm sitting around.  I keep my mind busy, but there's nothing quite like some physical activity and mixing with people on a daily basis (like in a work environment) to keep the dark clouds away.

How are you doing today?

Hugs

@ Merl

very true @Merl 

hope you have made up a coping box that you can turn to when you have your knees done and you are recovering ( hope it will be a fast recovery ) 

I am ok today , a lot better then last week 

soo good that have no work today so we can recover too 

have you any furbabies ??

@Shaz51  .... Hi Shaz, what is a coping box?  I'm so glad you are doing better.  And yes, we have a furbaby .... his name is Hamish and he's a Canoodle (I am a massive dog lover).  So he's a year and a half old, and is part Cairn Terrier, part Poodle, so he doesn't shed hair (which my husband loves).  He's such a delight to us, and makes us laugh and smile, every day.  He's truly like a therapy dog.  What about you?  @Merl .

Hi @Merl 

I don`t have any furbabies at the moment 

I have had lots of pets in my life , soo many 

my last dog was a corgi called Tara 

A Coping box is what ever you like to help you like . jigsaw puzzles , crafts. crosswords puzzles , books , your favourit video  or dvd , music 

I will tag you into a couple of thread if you like xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au