Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Never been on a motorbike to my knowledge @Smc

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Pillion = 😵

Smiley Very Happy @Former-Member, it's good fun, but I realise it's not for everyone.

@Smc  @Former-Member

It would be nice if she at least tried it. If she then likes it 😁... if not that's ok at least she tried.  Could  be something nice we could do together. Driving to go somewhere dosen't have any appeal anymore except out of necessity. Bike could be  an exciting alternative. 

There's always the push bike @Determined 😀.

LOL @Former-Member

Push bike still on the wish list. We have not managed to get up early enough yet. 

Have just been talking to mum.

She is keen to go for another ride tomorrow. Looking at riding to a different beach side location and darling will meet us there with the little people. Added bonus to that is it is getting darling back in the drivers seat outside of town. It will be good for her confidence. 

We had an almost crisis here this afternoon.

House is on 3 phase power and one of the phases dropped out meaning parts of the house were without power (biggest dilemma was the tv was out lol). Well darling went into melt down.

Thankfully when I called the electrician he was close by, initially he could not come for a couple of hours as he was on his way to another job which is perfectly reasonable but he must have heard darling hyperventilating in the background as he changed his schedule and was here within 5 minutes.  Thankfully it was an easy fix and was done on the spot. Fuse on the power pole had come loose.  It was clear that darling would not have coped if we had to wait until next week which is what the solar people told us. And somehow it was all my fault because my magic wand was not working and I was unable to find an immediate solution. Darlings reaction to all of this only adds to my suspicion that we are headed for another bumpy patch. For what really was a minor inconvenience to my darling it seemed like the end of the world.

I still have not managed to get on to pdoc as darling is most always with me during what would be office hours and while I am reluctant to go behind her back she would not respond well to my assistance 😐

Also on the to do list is to contact the local community mental health team who have previously refused to see her as she is seeing a private psyc to see what if any services are available. (Thinking along the lines of group classes as we have seen success with this in the past at a private facility that darling refuses now to travel to as it is too far). 

ohhh hugs @Determined Heart

No group classes on offer with our local public system @Determined but you might have more programs where you are,  they may also know of group dbt and the like. Pdoc may also be able to suggest something.

@Determined, we've been caught in that loop too- community services wouldn't step in because our daughter was seeing a private psychologist, but since when do private psychologists provide out of hours support, or even short notice crisis support? We're hoping to reach a reasonable compromise on that point in upcoming discussions, but will see what happens. Smiley Frustrated
Hope you can find a local therapy group. Sooo glad you did find a helpful tradie.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au