Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

@Exoplanet  How are you Exoplanet? I hope you had a great Easter 🙂

I'm pretty good Thank you @greenpea  Heart I'm up earlier than usual to take the car into the big smoke & get some stuff done to it. They want it there first thing, but I don't get up any earlier than 6 & I have to get the puppies breakfast & have a coffee myself, so I'll get there as soon as I get there 😉 Even this will probably muck with my sleep pattern a little, but I think it needs it, so fingers crossed it'll be ok. I hope you enjoyed your crispsy cool early morning walk - I've put a cardigan on! 🙂 

@Exoplanet  Good luck with the car I hope it doesn't cost a motza :o. Puppies will have to do without their mum for the day or are you taking them with you? Crazy yesterday I had a t shirt on and today a skivvy. Looking forward to continual cool days ahead :)xxx

Hi @Exoplanet  you're probably on the road atm.  Hope you have a safe journey and the car repairs don't cost an arm and a leg.  

Thanks for your feedback about handling fear.  I have to say I was still shaking an hour later tho'.  And then cranky that he was able to trigger me so much.  

I bought a new camping gazebo when I was at Aldi the other day. I mowed half the back yard & it's up! It's called an 'instant up' . . . but it's not exactly instant - still pretty cool though & soooo much bigger than the one I have! This ones got fly screen walls too. That started a bit of a spending spree, I got on ebay & bought a new folding camp table with 4 little folding stools {my older one has a definate crack right in the middle & I think it might break soon, it also has the stools attached to the table & I think seperate ones will be easier to use} & then I got a new waterproof canvas tarp! I keep telling myself to stop spending on camp gear, but I suppose everyone's got to have a hobby 😉 I got my original little gazebo out yesterday afternoon {it folds up into a backpack!}, as I already had ideas of putting it up & looking to fashion some tarps as walls for it; I think mainly for rain but I reckon it'll give me more privacy too. It's getting cooler, which might mean less people where ever I end up next; though I'll wait until it's definitely winter & pull out the hot water bottles & thermals 😉 Still don't know which way I'll head, but I think I'll go back to my original plan of heading down the country. I'd like to go a little further, which will mean an overnight stay somewhere; I think I've gone as far as I can in one days travel, in fact I think I went a little farther than what's physically comfortable for me to go in one day: I think I need to pull up a bit before my last spot & then continue on further the next day. 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Mazy Heart @Mazarita  @eth  @greenpea  @Shaz51  @Sophia1  @Zoe7  @Teej  @CheerBear 

It seems like you have a good plan worked out already to get to where you want to go @Exoplanet It is great that you are getting new stuff for your adventures - we do have hobbies that we occsionally need to spend a little on and you certainly need a lot of things for your campng trips. Hope you have a great time away Smiley Very Happy

@Exoplanet  Hi Exoplanet and good morning :)! cannot wait to hear of your next adventure whether you wing it and end up wherever or plan it out to a tee it is bound to be fantastic! 😄

hello @Exoplanet 

Expanding on your range of camping gear sounds like a good plan and money well spent for someone who enjoys the concept so much.. 

I am sure that your dogs are loving these escapades also...

You mentioned the moon in one of your posts a few pages ago...

Husband and self were travelling back from the city up to the hills and the moon was huge with such a clear facial expression..

I tried taking photographs along with a video on my mobile phone...not part of my expertise at all...

could not capture the image at all...only an intense glow ...

I love the moon...

love reading your updates when I can...

xxx🐾🐾🐾

I've woken a little earlier than usual, still don't know what's going on with my sleep pattern, but I think it's still within 'ok' bondaries. It's loverly & cool, still not cold, but definitely cool 🙂 I've got my flannel pj's & my fluffy nightgown on & I had 2 blankets up when I woke 🙂 {well one's a cotton one, but it's still warm}. Plus I actually shut the sliding door in the bedroom last night :0 !

I've got 2 gazebo's up in the backyard now 🙂 Now I can start playing with tarps 🙂 As I'm pretty seriously thinking about putting the little one back over the back of the tailgate like I used to. It's a bit rough on the thin material lining of it, as I sort of attach it by hooking on the back window of the canopy which opens upwards & has kind of sharp corners & I reckon it's gonna take more than 2 good canvas tarps to cover it - but they're a start. 

I got the washing done yesterday & for the first time in ages I made the bed {shame on me for letting that little task slip}. My floors are still looking reasonable & slowly but surely my house is starting to feel a little better 🙂 I'd just like a drop of rain so I could burn off all the boxes & papers from cleaning out the spare room a little. 

I'm pretty sure my dogs like the change when we go somewhere too @Sophia1 , though they're pretty much restrained the whole time on leads, chains & cages - it's the change of routine that's enjoyable. No matter how wonderful the spot, camping helps us all realize 'there's no place like home' 😄 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

MazyHeart @Mazarita  @eth  @Zoe7  @Shaz51  @greenpea  @Sophia1  @Teej  @CheerBear 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au