Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Agitation

I am not sure what to do I am very agitated and I am not able to calm down I am trying very hard but I feel like I am going to explode I also feel like weird and magical and I have a lot of big plans very big plans and I just I need to get things on paper so many things I can’t even explain this I just need to stop the pressure feeling. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Agitation

Hey @Eden1919 is this agitation and magical thinking an early warning sign you've recognized in the past? I know when I experience similar, I tend to give my psychiatrist a quick call to check in.

I hope you'll be okay. The agitation part really sucks (I could relate to a lot of what you had written).

@Queenie Hi thanks for the reply I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and he said I was hypomanic and that he wanted me to get more sleep. I am seeing him again in a week but I told him about some of it only the agitation wasn’t as bad and the magical stuff wasn’t as intense either like now I feel like as well as having to solve the worlds problems I have to go find some magical things and go on a trip and also that I have magical powers and that random people who I think are watching me and trying to stop me from getting said magical thing. It is complicated and I know that I shouldn’t think this but I can’t get it out of my head and I know no one else would think it is real but I still do.... idk I just feel very pressured. 

@Eden1919.

Are you able to write all this down,  in a journal if you have one.  Write it all down so it's out there and you don't need to worry about it anymore. 

Then hopefully you'll be able to go to sleep and get a deep restful sleep. 

@utopia Maybe I will try and see how it goes. 

The writing didn’t help. I am still agitated today but I also feel very magical and powerful and I have a lot of plans like a heap like I have 3 drawing to do which those take a few hours each and a painting to finish and also I want to write a poem that I have been thinking about and there are like 3 instruments I want to learn and a bunch of music to listen too and I want to do all this reasearch too because I have a bunch of ideas about how to fix some big things and also I want to go traveling and like be in nature and smell all the smells and see the bright colors and hear the birds chirping and I want to go swimming and there is just so much to do! I also only slept for 3 hours last night I was very distracted oh well it’s fine more time to do stuff I guess. 

are you experiencing a psychosis? you could go to you local hospital and get checked out. Let us know how you go and stay safe.

@sassafras I don’t think so like not more than usual anyway..... I am ok just busy lol but I am fine. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au