Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am struggling at the moment

Big lots of these @Faith-and-Hope. Missing you 😘💜

F2EE13DE-7FEB-484B-BCD9-B6DF65481D33.jpeg

Thanking you for smiling at that post @Teej as I actually feel kind of shy and a bit tail between my legs (I think that's dog speak so there's a good chance I totally dont uderstand that saying 😆) when I write here about friend sometimes. I like being reminded it is human too, thank you. Surely it is pretty human to have trouble with thinking brain when it comes to nice smelling people with lovely arms who in lots of ways make you feel good. Maybe while you're trying to practice kindness to yourself I can try and give myself a little break from being so frustrated with myself so often!

Super sorry about your psych and the waiting for something that maybe won't happen. I wonder if they really know what it is like to be in a place like you are and how much it just sucks so, so much 😔

I hope you cope with being human tomorrow. Just like it is human to have weakness for smelly people it is human to be messy sometimes. I also really hope there is something enjoyable about tomorrow for you though I get that might be a stretch. Aim for survive and anything more can be a bonus maybe?

Big love and quiet whispers. I am thankful you are here and you are you 💗🎂

I completely understand our circumstances are different @Teej. And I possibly only know so much of what's happening for you and not all. So perhaps it's me being insensitive and not responding to your needs. I guess I always try to be helpful and perhaps at this time it wasn't helpful or warranted.

Cheerbear has put it so succinctly in the post above. She probably knows you better than I do.

Ill leave you alone for a while until you are more on top of things. Take care. Please.

Nope @Sans911, not at all. You got me to open up about something I was really struggling with so it was helpful and warranted 💜😘. No need to leave me alone either. I wouldn’t want that at all. I hope you are going ok 🙏🤞🏻💜🤗

Happy birthday @Teej HeartHeartflowers.jpeg

@CheerBear I wanted to share something with you. One of the few good things that happens with age is you’ve had a chance to watch things grow and change. I’ve watched kids who I struggled with their behaviour turn into amazing adults (including one of my own). I’ve watched kids who were so well behaved turned into adults I don’t respect as much. In the end I’ve learned that people will always change, sometimes we see it for the better, sometimes not. I’ve learned that it can change constantly so I try to keep an open mind. One of the biggest life lessens has been through the forum. Here we get to know each other so much more openly and intimately because so many barriers are taken away and it is just us and raw and human and beautiful. 

I’ve watched friends relationships develop and go through hard times and survive against the odds. The thing I learned is that everyone’s relationships is so different. I am in a unique position in that all my friends except for a very few are still married and some are reaching the 30 year relationship mark. I have been with them through all the trials and tribulations of these relationships. Each one has different things that hold them together, they are so varied. I would hear huge whinges about their partners at times (we used to have girls weekends which were really just a huge whinge fest of our partners fueled by much wine and good food :face_with_rolling_eyes:) I knew the good parts about their partners and loved their partners even though I’d hear all the bad stuff. I learned this over time.....especially that relationships are messy. 

This is is my very long round about way of saying I know that this whole relationship thing for you is new and messy but I’ll never judge you or him on it (as long as he is human and doesn’t do anything to deliberately hurt you.....then I’ll have my pitchfork ready 😈). I know it might be short lived and I know it might not. I am here for you no matter where you are at with it with my very non judgemental human face on. 

And a PS I was no angel in my relationships either. It has taken this mess for me to see that part though. There are times I’d like to turn back time but maybe I’d make different mistakes instead. 

I hope you are having an ok day. 💜🤗

Oh thank you @Shaz51. They are beautiful 💜💜💜. Thank you for keeping it low key too 😘💜

Quietly slipping in here to say Happy Birthday @Teej 🎉🎁🎤💕

Thanks @outlander 💜😘

Happy Birthday 🎂 @Teej. Hugs xxx
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au