Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

Sounds like it has been a productive day so far @Eve7 

I hope the rest of your day goes ok.

Sending 💌💌

Now just sitting around @Snowie I hope your day goes ok. 

xo

Spent this morning out with D @Eve7 

Now just back at home having a cuppa.

Anything else planned for the day or just 'you' time?

About to make my bed and go for a walk @Snowie . Trying to do things in 30 minute blocks.

A friend wants to meet for lunch tomorrow but I’m not up to it. Why do people think I want to eat??? 

I like this 30-minute block plan @Eve7 !

Hmm, while I can't answer your question for why do people think you want to eat (while I am also presuming maybe it's rhetorical..) - I am wondering if you want to spend some time with this friend in the first place? If so - would a suggestion of grabbing a coffee and having a walk in the park be a better idea for a meet up? (You don't need to grab a beverage of any kind either!)

I actually much prefer walks when I meet up with friends, especially if it's 1on1. Allows me to keep moving and not have to focus so hard on maintaining eye contact, or my tone or how my face looks, and can just talk as I need to and find I am better at being able to support them too as I regulate myself through the movement...
Just an idea! 🙂

That’s a good idea thanks @PizzaMondo I’ll suggest that.

Hey @Bow , there’s a Lego display on at Questacon if you’re interested. A friend sent me a stack of photos. Looks incredible.

IMG_5113.png

Hi @Eve7 

I like @PizzaMondo suggestion. Just catching up for a cuppa and a walk might be better. 

That way you might not have to talk as much.

Thirty minute blocks is a good idea. Just concentrating on one thing at a time.

I'm not surprised you don't want to eat @Eve7 . Surely your friend will understand that you're grieving? 

30 minute blocks sounds good but hard. 

I really feel for you 😭💛

Good morning @Eve7 

Hoping today is going ok for you.

Did you end up meeting up with your friend?

Hi @Snowie , we met for morning tea and I’ve only just arrived home. She also lost a son a few years ago but we managed to talk about other things we have in common like our sore knees.

How is your day going?

Thanks for the message @NatureLover the morning went well and we just talked about normal things like our knees and hips.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au