Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Fred8
New Contributor

Multiple hospital visits and still feel unsafe

@Fred8 I have been feeling hopeless for 3 months with no end in site. I don't want to be unappreciative but I also don't want to suffer this emptiness any longer.

There is no answer and I feel nothing most of every day. What I do next is really concerning. I lost my job, my connection to my son, and my sanity.

I have been diagnosed with a cluster B personality disorder amongst other things. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Multiple hospital visits and still feel unsafe

Hi @Fred8, welcome to forums!

I am sorry to hear things are hard right now.

I relate to the feeling of struggling with hopelessness and emptiness - it's a tough place to be in. 

I am a little concerned and will send an email to check in on you if that's okay?

Reaching out and expressing where you are at is a brave first step - hang in there!

Hey @Fred8 ,

I'm hearing you. It sounds so tough. 

I can relate to much of what you have shared and I want you to know you are not alone. 

I've also experienced the struggles of having a cluster b personality disorder. I recognise how challenging it can be.

Thanks Tyme,

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. 

Thanks for disclosing that you also have challenges with cluster B.

I wish really wish I could go back to work... But I am on WorkCover ATM...

Welcome to my former world @Fred8 !

You've used the exact words that I have "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired"... you know what my therapist at that time said? "Great. This is the time to make changes."

And yes, he was right. When I came to the point of being sick of being sick, I reached out with full openness to make the changes that would get me out of the hell I was in. 

I threw myself into therapy, and it was so hard. I pushed myself to make changes that were absolutely against my nature. And slowly, things really did begin to change. It look a long time though. I was in intensive therapy twice a week for just over 18 months. This consisted of a few hours each week - one session for individual 1:1 therapy, and 2 hours of group therapy each week. Group therapy was the hardest because I was 'stuck' with a room of 4-7 people diagnosed with a cluster b personality disorder. LOLLL... I couldn't STAND some of the other people and wanted to leave so many times. But I promised myself I'd stick at it. And i did. Things changed, and things couldn't be better now.

There IS hope 🙂

Hello,

I am feeling the same. Can you advise where I can get the support you mentioned?

Hi @Kierran 

Welcome to the forums!

If you add an @Thyme tag to your post, the member you're addressing will get a notification, and be much more likely to respond. I've done that for you now, so no need to worry about it at the moment.

Hopefully they will get back to you soon with the info you're after.

Take care. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au