Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not Coping

@ArraDreaming no apology necessary and thank you for letting me know. I don't know anyone in real life that has ADHD so I'm interested in finding out more about it from people who actually live with it.

Do you mind me asking how it affects your MH and what coping strategies you have?

Only answer with what you feel comfortable with too.

Again, thank you for "barging in" 🤗

Lots I can share @ENKELI struggling to find the words at this late hour but I will respond to you over the weekend

Yeah, it does. I still can't get over the fact we haven't known each other for even a year. 

Same here, enkeli. 

Yum, potato bake is so good. 

Have fun at Bunnings. What are you getting? Lol, my mum is the same with the Tupperware. 

Um, well, it's about my actions, which I and my psych both thought I were following the guidelines, but to them, I wasn't, which made me upset. By the way, it does not have to do with SANE. I'm saying that for others. 

I know. I wish we could email as you said previously. 

No need to. It is like a casual chat here, but it is 100 times better being live. 

I don't know yet what else I'll do. 

Anyway, I better go now. I look forward to chatting with you tomorrow. 

Thanks for chatting with me I'm so grateful to have you in my life. I sometimes have a dream I fly over to Perth to find you and we get to meet. 

Night 🫂🌸👸🏼👑🌺🥰

Congratulations Angel @ENKELI  you made it through another working week.

I write mom, because I did archaeology at uni and a Mummy is a dead body that has been mummified 😊

Women weren’t included in ADHD studies until the late nineties.

A woman’s fertility cycle, the rise and fall of Estrogen has a direct impact on the efficacy of ADHD medication.

Having ADHD often comes with anxiety and dyslexia. Which I also have.

I am amongst the first generation of diagnosed women to be post-menopausal.

There are 0 scientific studies being conducted on the effects of menopause on women with ADHD.

Doctors and psychiatrists don’t know what to treat us with. Recently doctors changed their protocol and they will prescribe transdermal HRT for women over the age of 60.

For me on a daily basis, if I didn’t have medication I wouldn’t get out of bed.

That’s because I have depression and ptsd from a 13 year DV relationship.

That aside, being diagnosed with ADHD was the best thing that ever happened to me because I needed medication.

Medication stops the ADHD emotional meltdowns.

Did I give you all the information you needed?

G

@ArraDreaming  how long ago were you diagnosed?

Does it run in your family?

My family has 3 generations all with ADHD, anxiety and dyslexia.

G

@Glisten I wouldn’t know, my parents both had a lot of mental health issues an that but idk about adhd they wouldnt of been diagnosed if they did have it
I think I was 14 or 15, I’m 29 now….
I spent a lot of time in and out of the care system and they picked it up

Parents didnt notice

@ArraDreaming  Hugs my friend.

Has medication made a difference for you?

@Glisten I am not medicated for adhd different times in my life I have been but not as an adult much

@Birdofparadise8 and @ENKELI I’m going to Bunnings guess the project!!!

I’m taking all 3 kids on my own to Bunnings not sure I will survive this experience
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au