Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Utterly lonely

What a beautiful post you wrote above, @Lostandalone  🙂

Thank you @NatureLover

@NatureLover @Lostandalone @Former-Member @mufasa 

good morning, well , another horrid night, the meds i asked for are something i have been prescribed before, many times. but, moving from qld to rural vic, they, gp doesnt want to know, even after a face to face appt. have seen 3 gp at one practise, just got moved from pillar to post.

am well beyond breathing exercises and mindfullness stuff.

so awful.

just hugging my dog

That's not good that you're in such an awful place, @selena564 . 

Are you saying that 3 different GPs at the same practice wouldn't prescribe you any meds? I'm sorry to hear that. 

I wish for some improvement for you, especially in your nights as they sound really rough...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sending you a gentle hug if that's ok. 💜Nikki (alter)

@selena564 

@Former-Member thanks@Dizzyizzy

@Former-Member @NatureLover @Lostandalone so  it is late at night, am wide awake and just cant stop thinking.

i am just functioning through each day, the house is a shambles,!

i cant really even unpack my things, spoke to so many agencies and people on the phone but there  is now a lack ofreal support available due to covid.

i have no idea what to do now.

down the street is a "community house" where you can meet people, etc

it is closed,,covid,, i emailed them 4 days ago, as website is up,  no answer, so ?

tried another medical centre, only phone consult available, short phone call which didnt address my complex health issues, so ?

it seems all too much for me

Former-Member
Not applicable

I started seeing a psychologist as well.. and feel quite lonely so I understand how you may feel right now 😞 the doctor should give you medication.. maybe try a different doctor and explain your situation. And with the loneliness I would take your dog to the park or where there’s people.. it might help you meet people or even just small talk to have connection

@Former-Member 

hi, am waiting now to see when i get a psychologist, i have to ring state govt health to check this , and meds , am going to try another gp, if i can get a face to face consult , covid restrictions are being eased so dont understand why medical centres are now refusing face to face consults.

my dog is very protective of me, and doesnt do well with other dogs at all which means that she cant be taken to dog parks.,,,,, i have tried going to the local park and saying hello to people, everyone seems a bit self absorbed,,, dont talkto strangers i guess ??

Former-Member
Not applicable

That’s weird most places should be doing face to face. I would definitely try calling different medical centres. I think some people are just not friendly so don’t worry about them. I’m sure somewhere you’ll find friendly people.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au