Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

selena564
Contributor

Utterly lonely

hi

I have just moved to a new town, and dont know anyone, I have complex ptsd, and am just holding together, it seems impossible to even join a group in person with the covid virus thing. I am horrifically lonely, and just stay in my house. 

no, I am not coping at all.

20 REPLIES 20

Re: Utterly lonely

@selena564 Welcome to the forums

even though we are not able to meet face to face here... you have friends and people are here to help you so you no longer feel alone 

@Lostandalone
Thank you .

Hi and welcome, @selena564 ...that is a difficult situation, being in a new town and not knowing anyone. I'm sorry to hear you're not coping and are so lonely. 

It's good you've joined the forums where there are people to support you and you can get to know people. There are social threads in the 'Social Spaces' section, or you can type any subject into the search bar for threads on that topic. 

A handy forum tip is to type @ and then click on a member's name in the drop-down box - that way they will get a notification that you're replying to them. 

I was wondering what professional supports you have in place for your C-PTSD? I expect it's hard, in a new town...you may not have a GP or counsellor yet?

Haha, @selena564 ...I see you've already figured out the @  tip!

Hi @selena564 

I am a Moderator and am going to send you an email checking in! 

Really glad that you've accessed this forum 🙂 

Warm regards, 

Mufasa

hi @NatureLover @mufasa @Lostandalone 

i have managed to get a gp , over the phone consults due to covid , and difficult as gp doesnt speak english too well, is hard to understand , but have been able to do a mental health plan for access to a psychologist , but it is a two month wait .

gp does not want to give me a script for medication , that does help me when panic attacks / distress / toxic shock sets in .

so it is very hard every day .

i woke up after nightmares again last night , and am trembling a lot .

thankfully i have my dog .

Hi @selena564 ...that's good you've now got a GP and a referral to a psychologist. That's a shame the GP wouldn't give you a script for meds though, if they help you. I'm sorry your days are so hard. 😞

Please feel free to write more about how you are feeling, if you like...we are here to listen. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @selena564 ,  I have CPTSD as well as DID. I get the nightmares too and they are horrible. Just wanted to say hi and and let you know you have come to a great place. The fourms are a great place to meet people and ease the loneliness a little. Hope to chat to you again soon. Nikki (alter)

@selena564 I am so glad to hear that you managed to get onto a GP to get your mental health plan... that is the start... 

Even tho there is a 2 month wait to see the psychologist.. make sure you make that appointment 

I cant remember if you said you had been on meds before... It is a pity that this GP could not give you anything, but I can understand that he may not have felt he could prescribe a new drug if the consult was only over the hone, plus the slight language barrier.  Maybe try and make a face to face appointment with another GP.. even if you have to wait.. to see if you can get some meds prescribed.

And always remeber there are people here to chat to... to sit with you.. to hold your hand and to listed whenever you need it... Amy of us are in the same boat.. so know exactly how you feel

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au