Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

@Henry12 I had a similar reaction

Re: Join us for our online mindfulness group // Tues 28th April, 7-8.30pm AEST // Guest facilitator: One Door

@Henry12 Interesting, I wonder if that feeling of negativity in your body would be different at the start of the day verse the end? How did you end up feeling in your body after this reflection? Thanks heaps for sharing this Smiley Happy

Sending a hug for you @Escaped_Goat , hope you are OK...

@nashy  Vulnerable rawness 

hi @Escaped_Goat crying is powerful

we are all by your side

@nashy you reminded me that I have brain triggers. I feel my brain got too may tabs open and I can't seem to shut any of them at times. What can I do to help with this?

@Escaped_Goat I have had similar reactions in the past. The release of tension, or in my case, the settling of voices I hear can give me lots of reactions

Thanks @nashy  and @Michael-CM . Upon reflection I think I need to rethink how my body is feeling. The original feeling of negativity seemed to be a go to thought but if I was to rethink how I feel it would be neither negative or positive just a feeling. 🙂

@Cecilia Too many tabs open - I love this description, spot on. Sometimes I find just accepting triggers or emotional cues quite powerful. Kind of sitting with the discomfort, and knowing we are strong enough to move through them (especially using our breaths as a grounding tool). As Jeff Foster says, "Even if outer freedom seems unattainable right now, even if ‘peace’ seems far away, know your inner freedom! Remember, even if you cannot control the external world, you can always turn towards your immediate embodied experience, breathe, feel your feet on the ground, and embrace what is, moment-by-moment."

@Cecilia I find longer Mindfullness sessions with a voice you feel comfortable listening to can really help refocus the layers of thoughts we sometimes have

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au