Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Parenting with mental health challenges // Tues 15th Jan, 7pm AEDT

The power nap sleep debt needs to be offset once the littles are back at school 🙂 @Former-Member You are so right rest is super important.

Thanks everyone for engaging in this evening's TT and sharing your own experience along the way @Former-Member @CheerBear @Shaz51 

And a super giant thank you to our wonderful special guest @BelleParentline. We've gained so much insight into strategies around this issue as well as some reminders on how to be gentle with ourselves along the way.

I am going to leave the thread open until tomorrow to allow for some extra time to debrief and discuss for anyone who wishes to do so 🙂

Goodnight all!

Re: Topic Tuesday // Parenting with mental health challenges // Tues 15th Jan, 7pm AEDT

Thanks from me also @BelleParentline and @nashy. Some great tips and info Belle 🙂

Also, agree with school holidays being a stretching time sometimes @Former-Member!

Thanks again!

thank you @BelleParentline, @nashy for tonight Heartgreat tips

@CheerBear, @Former-Member, @Determined

Hi all, I know I missed the discussion tonight (I was out). I just wanted to add in that I used the parent helpline in my state a couple of times when things had become huge.....a teenager who ran away from home (and never came back home but we sorted living arrangements that helped him get through). Parentline helped me get some help for that and another big teenage issue I had which also resulted in different living arrangements for another of mine (who came to live with me). It was so helpful to have some counselling at this time. It was at a time that my mental health was out of control. 

I wasn’t aware of my mi for most of my kids growing up years. I wish I’d known more then and accessed help earlier. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au