Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Living with Loneliness

This is AMAZING @tyme  I can so relate to this! When I first saw my Psychotherapist over 20 years ago, I was psychotic. I can see this in me during a that time.  I did some pretty crazy things. I cleaned houses to pay for my therapy. 

Hypersensitive. I can see that they are definitely superpowers. 

Highly intelligent stuff hey ? My friend who I truly miss is very lazy. She’s now writing  messages she’s going to make an appointment with a Psychiatrist and get diagnosed. Im not answering her texts but I truly feel for her. 

What is it like for you @tyme  sorry I don’t mean to be rude but are you more attracted to being in a relationship. Having children ? When I turned 19 I just wanted a baby, I chose someone and had 2. Of course, there’s a journey written in one or two sentences. 

I love this map….. Thank you 

IMG_2032.png

I LOVE the picture! So serene! 

And I love your posts and your questions!

To be honest, with your friend, unless she's going to do something with the diagnosis, it's not really worth it. I think the diagnosis is a way to get the targeted support.. anyway, at least she says she's going to do something about it.

As for relationships, my life is so amazing that if I had kids or if I was in a relationship, I reckon I'd be too hemmed in. Of course I'm not going to put my foot down and say absolutely no, but I'm totally not hanging out for a relationship or kids.

I have 3 little monkeys living next door to me, am I'm glad to hand them back to their parents.... having children can bring a lot of joy, but it's a huge sacrifice in may ways.

As I said, my life is so so full and amazing now. I don't think I'd want that to change! Seriously! If there was a person who'd 'follow' me and flow with what I do, then yeah, come along.. but I'm not going to sit around waiting for the perfect partner 🙂

Not sure if you get what I mean.. life's too short to put it on hold for something that may not work out.

@tyme  

Wow, Im so enjoy reading your responses. 

So the ‘rules of your diagnosis is to own, learn and let it go to be truly you ? I read in another post that you were stigmatised in a job about 6 years ago and that is so wrong.

I completely get what you mean. 

But writing this: trying to sense your place in your work , I got a job as a carer, pretty much all I could do when my children were little.

My youngest son who is living  his life nearby in another suburb……had cancer for 15 years and one of my bosses was extremely un-empathetic  to me when he was about 9 years old.  This ridiculous boss would ramble on about my head injury…….and make lots of talk up on praising herself on her University teaching degree.

Now , you and I know how a Dip Ed is very time consuming, I couldn’t or wouldn’t want to do this but I had a University Degree myself…….I just didn’t rave on about it……….

@tyme  What do you think of people in Australia and their need or unneed of being in a relationship ? 

My adult sons are both an absolute joy that they have their own lives. I never hear from my oldest but he’s a crazy study er and works full-time and I hear from him mainly when he’s feeling vulnerable. I haven’t spoken to my youngest son for over 3  or four years. But I know he’s working and he finds it emotionally difficult because he’s always getting his head around having cancer for a long time. He has a lot of support around him. 
I know he has suicide ideation ……….I just don’t know what to do but …..there’s nothing…….. 

I wish…..

@PeppyPatti, @Doldip15 ohhh I love Peanuts 😆.

I too adore life & have deep gratitude that I made it through. Although I am not unscathed- deep fissures course their way through my body & mind. These scars impact my life opportunities & and well-being.

Some days, I step outside, breathe in & smile at every little thing. Other days I feel a darkness creeping in.

The positive or the negative I take in my stride; I guess that's what developing resilience is hey?

@tyme! Yeah this picture, just makes me take a LONG exhale!

No kids for me either. Two Dachshunds (elders). And my adorable niece who turns 12 this year. I love seeing her grow & learning more about her developing personality & interests.

It makes me feel @Lila3 

@tyme 

@Doldip15 

@EternalFlower  

That borderline is very misunderstood ? ( @EternalFlower  has no diagnosis.....) 

Emotional intuition

Infectious excitement 

Superior emotional empathy 

Being bold, courageous and speaking your mind 

Immense passion, loyalty and determination

Great determination for life's beauty

Great curiousity 

A whole lotta love 

Being really compassionate 

Infectious excitement 

Heightened creativity. 

My ' friend blames her parents wholeheartedly for her problems. 

We have discussed her childhood over and over again. 

She is  lazy. 

She's very aggressive. 

When I spend time with her, 

I see like a black shade in front of my eyes sometimes that flashes 

It feels like when she speaks about her original family - her parents and 2 brothers it's rich with anger. It's like she focuses on past traumatic experiences over and over again. 

I don't blame her,  I miss her but I as someone with my own issues - I do not want to have this in my life when she shows almost none of those symptoms but I feel if she worked on herself she could. 

hope youve had a good day @PeppyPatti

Great to see you @outlander..    

fungi-macro-photography-alison-pollack-12.jpg

Nice to see you too @PeppyPatti

@tyme @PeppyPatti @outlander not feeling too good today but giving it what i can.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au