Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Here for you as well @creative_writer, sounds like there's a lot on your mind. Anything that would be helpful to get off your chest? I'm listening 💜

@Snowie I think I know what you mean😞. Sorry to hear it feels that hard 💖🫂

@Snowie and @Jynx I don’t think I even understand what’s brewing in my mind tonight. I just feel utterly broken, and I am really struggling to feel safe within myself, can’t convince myself I am safe even though I know I am

I can't say what I want @creative_writer or what's happened.

I jumped on PGC to distract myself but it hasn't really helped.

Thats a lot of feelings hon and hard ones to sit with. I'm glad you are safe but can understand feeling it within ones self.

@creative_writer sometimes, our frustration at not knowing what is wrong can compound the intensity of emotions. Your body is giving you signals that you're unsafe, even though cognitively you know you're fine. Are there things you know that help you to return to baseline/your window of tolerance? Even stuff like curling up in blankets can help, being in our own space and away from the world, or doing some gentle stretches or PMR - basically, giving our body signals that there's nothing to be on alert for. 

I'm sorry @creative_writer but I think I need to leave.

I'll leave you with Jynx.

I shouldn't be on here.

I really hope that you can get some sleep tonight and tomorrow is a better day for you.

Sending lots of love to all 💕💕

Bye

Goodnight @Snowie, I hope you sleep well 💖🫂

@Jynx I’ve spent some time under blankets this evening to help me feel safer. I think I’ve gotten stuck in the rumination thought pattern and it’s hard to get out. Brain feel too broken to move onto something else

@creative_writer I hope you got some sleep last night and today your brain is cooperating a bit more for you today.

Thanks for your support. It did make a lot of difference for myself.

@NatureLover I hope things go ok for you too.

💌

@Snowie I feel like doing star jumps and have that restless energy write up my assignment automatically. I’ve got some stuff done, I’ve dumped info, but I think I need a lunch break and more matcha. How are you?

A matcha sounds nice @creative_writer Perhaps the lunch break will give your brain time to slow down a bit. Do you have more uni to do this afternoon?

I don't think I can answer that.

@Snowie I ideally want to get as much done ASAP. You see my brain goes in panic mode, even though I want to ideally get the assignment done within the next few days since I need to start working on next one, brain thinks the assignment is due right now.

Im here if you need to talk 💖🫂. I’m reading between lines that you’re not doing so good
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au