Skip to main content

Re: Self advocacy.

Thanks @Jynx @SmilingGecko 

My carers ended up sending to ed. 

I'm getting a medical bed. 

I'm so tired. My pneumonia had spread to both lungs. They were saying I was nearly septic. 

I'm waiting for the bed. And getting some good antibiotics. I feel awful barely slept. 

oh my goodness @The-red-centaur. That is terrible. What an oversight on the part of the psych ward. I'm so pleased you are now in hospital for much needed treatment with your pneumonia.  I hope you will be allright. I was meaning on checking in with you today. I had a friend with cancer that the psych hospital failed to act on so i know what goes on. Please try and settle yourself, you have been through a very traumatising situation. I am just glad you are in the right place now ❤️ You have been very ill. Sepsis is serious. I don't know how the staff in the psych ward could have been so dismissive and have overlooked your case if you were coughing and unable to speak etc. Anyway just look after yourself, you have been through A LOT! I will follow up with you tomorrow and @Jynx may even drop by again and say hello. Take it easy and allow your body to heal. You have the right doctors and nurses by your side looking after you now xxoo

@SmilingGecko 

Thank you for the kind words

I had a really rough night, and today hasn't been much better. I'm still in the ED and will most likely be here into tomorrow. 

I'm thankful my carers sent me in when they did. 

And I'm sorry about your friend. 

Thats good @The-red-centaur I was hoping for a appropriate outcome for you as you were really struggling to hold it together. I'm so pleased your carers stepped in and advocated for you. I'm aware of some things in respiratory. It seems people are coming down with pneumonia a lot these days particularly if you are elderly. I don't know how long they will keep you in there but you have some time and space to get the appropriate interventions and some measure of relief that you are finally in the right place. Thanks for asking about my friend. She is no longer with us. A beautiful soul. I wasn't a close friend of hers but she was salt of the earth and very well liked by others 

@SmilingGecko I'm only 31. The drs said is unusual for someone my age to get this sick. 

They are going to do a bunch of investigations. 

Please take care @The-red-centaur . It sounds so hard at the moment. Rest up.

@tyme thank you. 

I'll get there. 

I'll be getting a medical bed in about an hour. Yay

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au