Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I can’t cope

Heck yes @Captain24!! I've always said, one of the best things I ever did for my mental health was to study it, may this bring you insight, meaning, and purpose!

Ha ha @Captain24 just saw the photo now!! I hope you were able to get some of the ironing done.

Hi @Captain24 , that's amazing you are hoping to work in mental health! 

Good luck today - I think you might be at work already if you are ona  day shift? Are you still on light duties? 

I know no one is around but I need to get this out anyway. 

I know some of my triggers are my parents, ambulances, hearing people say ‘I love you’ especially parents and children and not sleeping after my last night shift. 

I discovered today that a massive trigger is my immediate boss. I was hoping to join the team of the new boss. But no I am stuck with the other one. He doesn’t give a shit about me to him I’m bipolar not me, not a person. I have an illness I am NOT my illness. 

It’s triggered me massively and it has put me into a really really dark place. A place I’ve worked so hard to get out of.

@Captain24 I am really sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your boss. 

Have you spoken to someone about this? 

Were you working today? 

I only found out today that I have to continue with him @Friendlyflutter. He is away for the next couple of blocks. He is kinda like second in charge as he has a smaller group but I’ll try and talk to the other boss this weekend.

But basically I have to just cope with it. If it gets too bad I can go to HR. After I discovered it today I no longer love my job. It’s just a work place now. 

I need to move past this. I need to sleep to get up and go again tomorrow. 

The thoughts are really dark though. 

Yes I’m working all of Easter. I drive a big truck in a coal mine so it doesn’t shut down. 

Sorry @Friendlyflutter I forgot to add that I’m safe

I’m laying here in desperate need to go to sleep but I’m having flashbacks. What is this shit. This doesn’t happen to me. I don’t get flashbacks. 

@Captain24  Did you manage to get to sleep? Sorry to hear about the flashbacks 😢

Also sad to hear that your boss is a massive trigger 😣

Sending care... 

Hi @Captain24 , just wondering how work is going? I think you are on day shift of 5 days straight...

Are you still on light duties?

Hoping you can avoid your triggering boss as much as possible... 🫂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au