Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinson's Disease diagnoses

@Faith-and-Hope ❤️❤️

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinson's Disease diagnoses

Dear @Former-Member 

i am sorry I have neglected you. It is not that I haven’t been thinking of you, but I have been in a really dark place myself and feeling very alone.  I tend to retreat when I am like this.

You have certainly had such a lot going on and all high impact emotionally.  I really feel for your brother and SIL at this time and the decisions they are confronted with. 

And all that you have going on at home. You are an amazing woman I never cease to be impressed by what you can deal with.

it is no wonder you get so much support here.

please know that I am thinking of you

Peri

Thoughts for you too @Peri 💐💕

B6E7F19C-602C-413E-8A08-2819B953263D.gif

@Former-Member @Peri 

No notification from earlier post here either @Former-Member but got the last one Smiley Frustrated

You are certainly still dealing with so much and the common thread with everyone in your family seems to be the waiting time for any answers - that is extremely frustrating and nerve-wrecking Hon. It is so difficult when you don't know what is happening for everyone in your life and yet you are still trying to stay strong for everyone. That in itself is drining without having to also deal with your own mental health issues.

There is very little we can say in this really difficult time apart from we are here for you and so willing to support you in any way we can. We care very much for you and what you are going through Hon. Sending you many hugs and warm thoughts and letting you know we are sitting with you when needed @Former-Member Heart

Oh @Former-Member  sorry my friend .. I didn’t get the tag either HeartHeartHeart

you are a gem @outlander , my sister , xoxo

heart-png-butterfly-6.png

@Former-Member 

Not really too sure what to say ... sending ever so gentle thoughts your way.

Thanks so much @outlander @Faith-and-Hope @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Former-Member

Yes its very true that there probably really isnt anything anyone can say around all this. But knowing you are all there, listening and maybe even understanding means a lot, I assure you.

I think more than anything I need an outlet to talk about all these things. I dont have RL friends to talk to and I cannot talk to family because they are all dealing wtih this too. Probably even if I could, I wouldnt burden them with all this anyway.

I'm just feeling so overwhelmed with what seems like constant bad news. Bad news and tragedy seems to follow me these past few years. Why is that I wonder?

Right now I feel deeply saddened, terribly worried and utterly heartbroken. The fact that I am unable to do anything about any of this is just adding to the feeling of helplessness and frustration. I should be down visiting parents and brother and doing what I can there, but cant leave hubby. I should be able to get urgent neurological care for my hubby, but none exists here. Wait ... wait ... and wait. All the time feeling that the situation with hubby, Mum and brothers baby is becoming increasingly hopeless.

@Peri - my dear friend ... you havent neglected me. Nobody here has. It was a temporary glitch in the notification system on the forums which resulted in me saying I felt alone. I will try to get to your personal thread and respond further there. But I wanted to say thanks for visiting and thanks for all those kind words of yours. I know what you mean about retreating when we find ourselves in a really dark place. And I am very sorry you have been in that place. I will talk more on your thread when I can.

Thanks again everyone.

Sherry 🌺

@Former-Member 🧡🧡

You are stuck in a no-win situation right now @Former-Member and it is no wonder you are feeling as you are. Wherever you turn there is someone that needs your attention but you can't be everywhere - and it is also so important you look after yourself too. All the waiting is excruciating but you cannot change that either - sometimes these things just take time to happen - that doesn't help you, your mum, your brother or hubby but you can only control what you can for the time being and then deal with everything else as it happens.

Walking with you through it all as it does unfold and glad you have a soft place here to land in the meantime Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Connect With Us

Contact Us

50 Barrack Street, Hobart Tas, 7000
(03) 6215 4200
info@hobartcitymission.org.au